A chemical peel smooths your skin by using a chemical solution to remove the damaged outer layers of your skin. Even though chemical peels are usually performed on the face, they can also be used on your neck and hands. A chemical peel is a minimally invasive way to improve the appearance of your skin. A chemical peel can reduce:
– Acne and acne scars that can mar the appearance of the face
– Liver and age spots
– Wrinkles and fine lines
– Irregularities in skin pigmentation
– Skin that has been damaged by the sun
– Rough skin and scaly patches
If you have any of the following, you may not be a good candidate for chemical peeling:
– Abnormal pigmentation
– A history of abnormal skin scarring
– Asian or Afro-Caribbean skin
– Warts on the face
– Used certain acne treatments within the last year
– Red hair and pale, freckled skin
When you visit our office for your chemical peel consultation, ask our estheticians questions including the following:
– Is a chemical peel the right choice for me? Am I a good candidate for a chemical peel?
– What should I do in order to get the best results?
– Who will perform the chemical peel?
– How long is the recovery period?
– Are there any risks and possible complications associated with the procedure?
– What will the results be over time?
– Can I see before-and-after photos of this procedure?
We invite you to contact Alessandra Farra Skin Care to learn more about how a chemical peel in Pleasant Grove, Utah, can help you and to schedule a consultation.