What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel smooths your skin by using a chemical solution to remove the damaged outer layers of your skin. Chemical peels are usually used on the face, but they can also be used on your neck and hands. A chemical peel is a minimally invasive way to improve the appearance of your skin. A chemical peel can improve:
– Acne and acne scars
– Liver and age spots
– Wrinkles and fine lines
– Skin pigmentation irregularity
– Sun-damaged skin
– Rough skin and scaly patches
Is a chemical peel right for me?
If you have any of the following, you may not be a good candidate for chemical peeling:
– Abnormal pigmentation
– A history of abnormal skin scarring
– Asian or Afro-Caribbean skin
– Warts on the face
– Used certain acne treatments within the last year
– Red hair and pale, freckled skin
Questions to ask our estheticians
When you visit our office for your chemical peel consultation, ask our estheticians questions like the following:
– Am I a good candidate for a chemical peel?
– What should I do in order to get the best results?
– Who will perform the chemical peel?
– How long is the recovery period?
– Are there any risks and possible complications associated with the procedure?
– What will the results be over time? How will I look?
– Can I see before-and-after photos of this procedure?
We invite you to contact Alessandra Farra Skin Care to learn more about how a chemical peel in Pleasant Grove, Utah, can help you and to schedule a consultation.